This blog...

...was initially for pieces done on a computer, but has since become a free-for-all. Here you'll find process work (digital and otherwise), sketch pages and studies, sometimes with commentary.

You can see the rest of my work here.

Remember kids : if you can't make pretty designs, at least make pretty lines!

-Paul

Sunday, February 24, 2008

What can blue do for you?

Here's a walkthrough of my "finished" line art process as it stands. The proportional errors should have been corrected in step one, but as usual I got ahead of myself. I'll do my best to make amends in the color pass, which you'll see in my next WIP :)



1. grayscale thumbnails in Photoshop
2. convert image to pure cyan with channel mixer, print w/ color inkjet
3. tighten with blue pencil over printout
4. black pass with Verithin pencil/hb lead
5. scan, hue/sat out the blue/cyan
6. multiply line art, tweak levels


Shuffled the figures around so they don't look as bunched.

4 comments:

Flexible Elf said...

Cool I thought I was the only person who printed out np blues and finished them off by hand.

dope!

Sebastien Gallego said...

Man! You are talented! You have the eye for character design!
Have a good day,

Seb

Unknown said...

Great blog- Good to see your work flow.I have also seen your HellChick design floating around the web for a while now, its good to keep an eye on your stuff.

Look foreward to future updates

Red Fox said...

Good work!
They look real good.

Salutes!