This blog...

...was initially for pieces done on a computer, but has since become a free-for-all. Here you'll find process work (digital and otherwise), sketch pages and studies, sometimes with commentary.

You can see the rest of my work here.

Remember kids : if you can't make pretty designs, at least make pretty lines!

-Paul

Thursday, July 1, 2010

Singularity prototype drawings / confessing past sins

If I dig up any more, I'll post, but here are some pre-pre-production Singularity uglies from, like, four years ago.  Imagine these guys all gnawin' on your junk....nom nom nom...

On this top drawing, I think I actually traced over some photo of a dude.  *bbbrrrrrrrr!*  Why did I do that?  It was just eyes and ears.  I think Raven had such a hardon for realistic proportions that I felt pressured into it.  Gah.  So filthy.  And it doesn't even look good! If you're a concept artist and you trace over photos, you're a bitch and you don't deserve to make even a modest living.  Yeah, I said it!










That last one was semi-traced, too, from some generic pose library. The nerve! Can't wipe the wretched taste of cheating from my mouth!

 Vinod, I'm so sorry, but I must quote from your priceless email...

"I think all artists that trace shit for final work should have to register at a 'copy art offenders registry' (like the sex offenders registry). They would have to post a picture of them tracing, complete with a pedo-smile and they would have to list what projects and pieces they traced. It'll keep non tracers up to speed on their offenses.

Tie it into googlemaps and you know how close you live near a tracer! Really important knowledge if you have young aspiring artist kids."

5 comments:

Vinod Rams said...

Heheh CHEATER!!
Ah, what's done is done. Nice to see these oldies but goodies though.

Paul Richards said...

Fortunately you guys took the project away from dudes standing around in their underoos. Your stuff on it was the best, no doubt.

Calader said...

I always felt there's "something" behind all those amazing skills of yours :P! Anyway, there are some really priceless wise thoughts in this post!

Vinod Rams said...

Just a disclaimer, I am in no way equating bad art practices to being a sex offender. I was just being snarky.

(note to fans of this blog, be careful what you e-mail Paul!)

Paul Richards said...

Stop being so quotable and I'll be able to resist!