This blog...

...was initially for pieces done on a computer, but has since become a free-for-all. Here you'll find process work (digital and otherwise), sketch pages and studies, sometimes with commentary.

You can see the rest of my work here.

Remember kids : if you can't make pretty designs, at least make pretty lines!

-Paul

Sunday, July 11, 2010

sketchpage - value

I struggle with anything that's not a plain ol' line drawing. Thankfully Alexei Samokhin gave me a few private pointers. Lookin' forward to more of his tuts.

2 comments:

Vrav said...

That's funny, because I have recently been trying to understand how to draw lines. It confuses my brain. Here is what I got in trying to figure out how to simplify the nose: http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/9230/35629019.jpg

But... I think I'll settle with some polygonal depictions of shadow... since I think that's what I usually do on paper anyway.

Also going to study how other artists simplify stuff like that today... I just don't do lineart. It's a weakness.

Vrav said...

--for me, that is. Consider this a request for a babelab sheet on how you draw facial features. :P