This blog...

...was initially for pieces done on a computer, but has since become a free-for-all. Here you'll find process work (digital and otherwise), sketch pages and studies, sometimes with commentary.

You can see the rest of my work here.

Remember kids : if you can't make pretty designs, at least make pretty lines!

-Paul

Sunday, February 28, 2010

lifedrawing log - 02.27.10

Even after I paid for Saturday's session, I still didn't believe I had a right to draw this model. It's not the kind of thing you can place monetary value on. Now, had my drawings done her a scrap of justice, maybe I'd have earned it.



There was the usual pre-pose squabbling. Our moderator was kind enough to let us vote on whether or not to have her hair tied up. To me, this was a no-brainer. I can't even get into the mind of an artist who wouldn't leap at the opportunity to draw this kind of hair. It was a gift.

Crabby Pants Pastel out-nickpicked herself yet again. "Your fingernails were pointed down more before." Yes, because you really can't trust your lay-in drawing at this point. Because you haven't, in your 104 years of life, figured out how to draw a hand from memory. Incidentally, there's not much to remember. People have two wrists. They bend in certain ways. People have ten fingers. They bend in certain ways. Oh, and hey, if you forget any of this, LOOK AT WHAT'S CLUTCHING YOUR PASTEL STICK YOU HOPELESS DINGBAT.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice!!!

Icepick said...

I do love your comments on crabby pants :)

Nice work, tho'.

Vinod Rams said...

Love those lips! They have attitude.

Justin said...

Is this at the AVAA? :D

Unknown said...

Love the forms - would it kill you to add a couple of little horns on her head?

Unknown said...

I'd like to see a sketch of Ms.Crabby Pants !! if there is one already.. I apologize.

Great work.