This blog...

...was initially for pieces done on a computer, but has since become a free-for-all. Here you'll find process work (digital and otherwise), sketch pages and studies, sometimes with commentary.

You can see the rest of my work here.

Remember kids : if you can't make pretty designs, at least make pretty lines!

-Paul

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Oh, who am I kidding?

This is what you're here for.



A few random guns from yesterday. If you're ever in need of a confidence booster, draw stuff in profile. Though it doesn't look as nice as deep perspective, it's easier and faster and people get it.

4 comments:

Csmif said...

Don't know if anyone has asked you, but you should make a little guide on how you clean up your scanned stuff.

Or does it just go from pencil to digital and stay looking that good, if so im jealous.

Ben Lo said...

Awesome, Awesome works, thats all I have to say.

Paul Richards said...

Csmif -- I wish I could say it was some magical process, but no, I have an action set up in Photoshop that takes my bluelines and desaturates them, levels them and sharpens them. Then I nuke out the messy backgrounds manually with magic wand. From there it's just a bunch of selections and a lot of erasing.

Vrav said...

Hey Paul, I need to model up some tech-y stuff for my game art portfolio. Would it be okay if I were to embellish out a model based on your work?

... or can you think of any other noncommercial sketches that you'd rather offer instead?

I really dig all of these. It's cool if you'd rather not subject them to the horror of another artist's interpretation though.