This blog...

...was initially for pieces done on a computer, but has since become a free-for-all. Here you'll find process work (digital and otherwise), sketch pages and studies, sometimes with commentary.

You can see the rest of my work here.

Remember kids : if you can't make pretty designs, at least make pretty lines!

-Paul

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

sketch night - photo diary

I love sketching. I love my friends. Sketching + friends = sketch night!

Some badass art by Avery Coleman here, as well as a peek at The Octagon.  This is a 5-6 person table that's nearly always occupied by a single, selfish thesis writer when we show up.  Invariably, we frighten them off and claim The Octagon for The Righteous.


me, Paul Adam and Paul Adam's deft strokes


Lower left : Larissa Angus in full effect
Lower right : Matt Oppriecht joins the crew!


Top center : Jordan Wan -- You can't quite see it, but his tie is made of pixels, hex color : #000000


Top right : Diego Almazan presents!


Tony Arechiga and I get into character.


Viva Sketch Night Austin!

6 comments:

Zeke said...

This is so awesome. Okay, that's it, I'm getting my friends from school together for sketch group!

Keep being awesome, dude

Jordan Lamarre-Wan said...

Larissa, those sketches were awesome!

Thanks, Paul for the photos and for sketchnight. It's something to look forward to every week!

Larissa Angus said...

Thanks Jordan! And thanks, Paul, for posting :)
I say we do this every sketch night.

Josh Singh Portfolio and Blog said...

Sheeeiiiiiiiiiiit. Im going, that's it Im going. Next Wed sign me the f up.

Unknown said...

Damn, makes me wish my sketch group wasn't so lame. Partially my fault of course...

Dave McNeal said...

Looks fun! I'd love to be there to soak up the awesomeness and get art spunk all over me.